Thursday, June 19, 2008

Worst mom ever!!!

Well, I have officially won the "worst mom ever" award. So here is the story...Wednesday was Brandon's field day. He has been looking forward to this for a week. He was told to wear clothes that he could get wet and bring a water bottle and so he has been contemplating what to wear that was cool and could get wet. So Wednesday comes and we get in the car and go to school at our normal afternoon kindergaren time...12:45. Apparently, I missed the memo that both morning and afternoon kindergartners were supposed to come together at 9:00 AM. So when arrived at school at 12:45 school was over and he had missed field day. Tears started to fill Brandon's eyes, he was so sad. I felt like such a bad mom...how did I miss this! Whether Brandon didn't get the note that told us about the time change or he did get it and I accidentially threw it out without reading I don't know but either way I still feel like a bad mom. It was Brandon's first field day ever and we missed it. I took Brandon to the dollar store and let him pick out a toy because I thought that might make up for my "worst mom ever" moment. Brandon seemed better after we left the dollar store.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh, that is so sad!!!! If it makes you feel any better I have missed a few of those notes too. I sure wish they would email important stuff so I would be sure to get it. I never go the letter telling us what track we got next year and who the teacher was....we need to get the boys together to play once school is out next week!