Monday, June 23, 2008

Babysitting the animals



This past week my parents and 2 brothers went to Hawaii and I got stuck home tending my brother's animals. My boys were thrilled to tend the animals but as for me...not so much! I am not a huge animal person. We will probably never have pets and so my kids will have to play with family members or the neighbors pets. My brothers animals include 5 frogs and 3 sugar gliders(flying squirrles). The frogs eat crickets so me and the boys went to petsmart and I made Brandon carry the bag of crickets and dump it into the frogs tank. I was OK as long as I did not have to touch the crickets. As for the sugar gliders, they eat everyday stuff like baby food, applesauce, hot dogs, fruit and other weird things. I told my brother that I would feed the animals so they would not die but I would not clean up any poop or dead animals. Oh ya, did I mention that the sugar glider STINK! Well my family came home yesterday and I am proud to report that all 8 animals are still alive. Yah to me!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I am not an animal person either. My brother-in-law had sugar gliders and they freaked me out a little bit, so I think you are very brave to take care of them. I know someday I will give in to getting a dog, but I am holding out as long as I can!

Jenn said...

Way to go Jam, I think I might have let them out on purpose for mom and dad when they came home!

Wendy said...

I'm with you on the no animals. Your are real trooper to watch them for him for 8 days. Glad you survived, them to I guess.

Jill said...

I do not like animals either, you are very nice to tend them. The smell is the reason I don't like animals. Thanks again for the water barrels, that was so nice of you to do all of that.

Brooke S. said...

You are a trooper jamie jo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! Just had so so much fun looking at your blog and catching up! We are so close we gotta do a park, or lunch day!