Thursday, May 29, 2008
Jamie's Crash
Okay so I a little embarrased to share this story but it is so funny I can't resist. So we have been finishing our yard and we are almost ready for sawd...YEAH! This morning started at 8:00 am with the arrival of 72 3-cubic feet bags of bark that myself and the "bark man" unloaded into the garage. Wow, they were heavy and there was a lot of bags. Next, tomorrow is garbage day and I decided to do some cleaning up in the yard. I decided to pick up all the rocks and cement chunks, at least the ones that I can move, and put them into the garbage so the garbage man can dump it. I am thinking to myself...Kevin will be so proud! I wheeled my big black garbage can over on the side of my house and began filling. I had the garbage completely full and had cleaned up all but 2 huge cement chunks. So I am feeling good about my efforts this morning and go to tip my big black garbage back on it's wheels to take to the front curb. I underestimated the weight of all the cement and rocks in the garbage can and CRASH the whole, heavy, can crashed on top of me. I think if my arms were not so tired from all the bark moving this morning I could have held it better but my arms just gave. What was I thinking...it's not like I am superwoman. I should have known that it would be too heavy for me to move. So there I am laying in the middle of the road with a heavy garbage can smashed on my leg. Maycee is sitting in her stroller on the sidewalk and my boys are inside having breakfast. If any of my neighbors were watching out their windows I bet they were laughing their heads off. So now what to do. I wiggled my legs out from under the garbage can. Yeah...I am free with only a few bumps and bruises. Now, how do I get the garbage can up. I obviously cannot lift if. I ended up unloading all the cement that I just loaded and moving the can around front and then reloading the cement chunks and rocks one at a time walking them all they way to the garbage can. Wow I am tired and dirty and it's only 9:00am, but the yard looks great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
jamie - that's too funny! Take it easy will ya? I'm sure Kevin likes you just the same when you don't carry heavy crap around your yard.
I hope you are OK, you are going to be really sore tomorrow! That was nice of you to try and help clean up, your yard is looking great!
kudos to you, I would have left it in the back yard for DH. Congrats on sod!!!
I hope you are feeling ok today after your accident. You worked too hard in my opinion!! I am sure Kevin appreciated it though... Be careful
You are so funny. Thanks for sharing the story. I'm glad your yard looks great. It sounds like you have grass, YEAH!!!
That is hilarious...ashley was trying to describe what happened. but just wish we had been peeking out our window when it happened! hope you are okay!!
Man, if any of your neighbors were watching and didn't come to help, they should be horse-whipped! I volunteer!!
That's what you get for trying to do something nice to help. A mom's work is never done!
Post a Comment