Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bye Bye Mini Van


So we bid farewell to the mini-van. It has been a good companion for the past 3 years. This van has been from Florida to Utah, to Moscow Idaho, to Seattle Washington, to Grandma's and Grandpas, to the 1st day of kindergarten, to the hospital when Maycee was born, to the hospital with Brandon and Isaac's first set of stitches, to Wal-mart about one zillion times, to chucky cheese, fishing at silver lake and has witnessed much throwing of toys and yelling from the Reese family. This van knows most of our secrets. Kevin has been wanting a Honda Pilot since...oh forever...and I finally gave in. Brandon and Isaac did not want to sale the van. Everytime we test drove a car Brandon would say, "mom, we can't get this one...it makes me car sick!" We decided to put the van up for sale and our wonderful neighbors decided that they wanted this van that Kevin has so meticulously (is that spelled right?) cared for. Sometimes I feel like our cars get more attention from my husband then me...just kidding...kind of! Anyways the day Trent drove the van from our garage across the street to his garage we sat at the door and cried. Now we move onto a new car with new adventures. Kevin and I chose an 05 Honda Pilot. We orignially both wanted white but I fell in love with this sexy, salsa red! Kevin didn't love the red but we compromised...he gets the pilot he always wanted and I get the bold color. Anyways I am totally falling in love with this car and I am okay if my husband gives this car some attention

1 comment:

Kohl said...

Congrats on a new car! I love my Pilot, although I am guessing that the biggest thing you will miss is sliding doors. I think that is the one bonus of mini-vans. I love the color too! I didn't want black, but that was the only choice!