Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goodbye Grandpa B



Today has been a hard day. Kevin's Grandpa Reese died today. He had Alzheimer's and hasn't been doing very well the last couple of weeks. Kevin was able to be with him for his last breaths and Kevin said it was very peaceful. I have many memories of Grandpa B (B for Bud...that is what we called him). He and Grandma B came up and visited Kevin and I in law school. We took a short trip to Coeud'lene and I remember Grandpa and Grandma staying up late playing cards with us. About 2 months ago Kevin and Brandon stopped by to visit with Grandpa B. Grandpa B gave Brandon the nickname of "Handy Brandy". Brandon was telling Grandpa how he is trying to earn money for nintendo DS that he wanted. He was telling Grandpa all the different kind of jobs he has been doing to earn money and Grandpa said he was so proud of Handy Brandy and then quickly pulled out his wallet and handed him a $20. Brandon's eyes went big and he smiled and said thanks. Grandpa always knew how to make us smile. We love you Grandpa.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, you guys! It's hard to lose a parent or grandparent especially when the relationship is that special. We love you!

Love Family said...

Jamie, I'm so sorry! it is always hard to lose someone close, but nice to know that they are happy and peaceful. I'm glad you got to spend some time with them though...