So Kevin's boss, Gary, had this great idea to go fishing. We planned a date and got ready to go. I went to check Brandon out of school early so we could get up to Silver Lake and fish before it got too dark. I was checking him out of the office and they ask the REASON. So I stumbled for an answer and then said "family emergency". Right....then they would not ask any more questions. I don't know why I felt funny about telling them that my son is leaving school to go fishing. Anyways, then we go to Brandon's class to get him. I walk in the door and he jumps up and says, yaaaa I am going fishing. I was busted in my little white lie of a "family emergency". Oh well...I laughed to myself. We got in the van and headed to the Lake. Oh yes, we stopped by Gary and Marilyns house to get stuff ready and played in their grandma room...full of every toy a child could ever dream of. Next we drove up to silver lake. Did I mention that it was absolutely beautiful up there. We started fishing and caught our first fish within the first 30 minutes we were there. The kids were so excited. Brandon asked Gary if we would put it back in the water and Gary said, "No, we are going to eat it." You should have seen the look on Brandon's face. He said "No, I am not going to eat it." We kept fishing for a while longer and got teased by the fish, they would bite and then sneak away before we could wheel them in. It didn't matter because the boys had a blast. Brandon sat there watching his pole for any movement like an old fishing pro. It started to get cold and so we had to call it a night but WOW what a fun thing. We definately will try it again.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Oh a fishing we will go.....
So Kevin's boss, Gary, had this great idea to go fishing. We planned a date and got ready to go. I went to check Brandon out of school early so we could get up to Silver Lake and fish before it got too dark. I was checking him out of the office and they ask the REASON. So I stumbled for an answer and then said "family emergency". Right....then they would not ask any more questions. I don't know why I felt funny about telling them that my son is leaving school to go fishing. Anyways, then we go to Brandon's class to get him. I walk in the door and he jumps up and says, yaaaa I am going fishing. I was busted in my little white lie of a "family emergency". Oh well...I laughed to myself. We got in the van and headed to the Lake. Oh yes, we stopped by Gary and Marilyns house to get stuff ready and played in their grandma room...full of every toy a child could ever dream of. Next we drove up to silver lake. Did I mention that it was absolutely beautiful up there. We started fishing and caught our first fish within the first 30 minutes we were there. The kids were so excited. Brandon asked Gary if we would put it back in the water and Gary said, "No, we are going to eat it." You should have seen the look on Brandon's face. He said "No, I am not going to eat it." We kept fishing for a while longer and got teased by the fish, they would bite and then sneak away before we could wheel them in. It didn't matter because the boys had a blast. Brandon sat there watching his pole for any movement like an old fishing pro. It started to get cold and so we had to call it a night but WOW what a fun thing. We definately will try it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
TAUGHT BY A CHILD... HEHE THAT IS SO FUNNY JAMIE!!!
Post a Comment